You can only get cover under this policy, if you are:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who resides in Australia; or
- on a visa or permit which allows you access to all publicly funded health and disability services in Australia and is valid until after your end date of insurance.
- are travelling to a destination outside of Australia and intend to return to Australia after finishing your journey (or each journey in the case of an Annual Multi-Trip Policy);
- have not already left Australia;
- are not travelling overseas with the intention of obtaining medical or dental treatment, cosmetic surgery or related advice; and
- have not been advised by a registered medical practitioner that you are not fit to travel.
A requirement of this policy is that you must have access to a valid email address in order for us to communicate with you on all matters relating to your policy, and an Australian bank account to receive any claim payment relating to your policy.
Note: You do not need to have purchased a return ticket before your start date of journey, but you must intend to return to Australia on the completion of your overseas travel.
What you need to know
This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the Combined FSG and PDS.