Southern Cross Travel Insurance supports the General Insurance Code of Practice (the Code).
We are signatories to the General Insurance Code of Practice. A voluntary code developed by the Insurance Council of Australia to further raise standards of practice and services across the insurance industry.
The objectives of the Code are:
- to commit us to high standards of service;
- to promote better, more informed relations between us and you;
- to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
- to provide fair and effective mechanisms for resolving Complaints you make about us; and
- to promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The Code covers many aspects of our relationship with you, including buying insurance, making claims, resolving complaints and accessing information we may have about you.
The Code Governance Committee is the independent body that monitors and enforces insurers’ compliance with the General Insurance Code of Practice. Their purpose is to drive better Code compliance, helping the insurance industry to improve its service to consumers. For more information on the Code Governance Committee please click here.
To learn more about the Code and the rights you may have under it, visit: www.codeofpractice.com.au