Be in to win $4,000!*
Wherever your sense of adventure takes you this year, relax, we’re with you.
To help make your next adventure even more special, we're giving away $4,000 every week in August!
All you have to do to enter is buy a TravelCare or Domestic Travel Insurance policy in August, and you'll automatically go in the draw. We'll announce the winners every week on our Facebook page.
Imagine how relaxed you’ll be with all that extra spending money!
Always read and consider the PDS and TMDs from Southern Cross Benefits Limited trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance. Authorised under: NSW Permit Authority No: . ACT Permit No. [22/01377]. SA Permit No. [T22/1090].
Terms & Conditions: August 2022 – $4,000 weekly giveaway promotion
- The $4,000 weekly giveaway promotion (“Promotion”) is promoted by Southern Cross Benefits Limited, trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance (“SCTI”) ABN 99 133 401 939 AFS Licence 331058. GPO Box 3973, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia.
- The Promotion commences at 00:01 on Monday, 1 August 2022 and concludes at 23:59 on Wednesday, 28 August 2022 (“Promotional Period”).
- The Promotion is open to any person who is a resident in Australia aged 18 years or over at any time during the Promotional Period. The entrant will be deemed to be the named Policy Holder. In the event that the Policy Holder is under 18 years old, the entrant will be deemed to be their named parent or guardian.
- The Promotion is not open to any staff (and their immediate family), contractors or agents of any of the businesses in the Southern Cross Healthcare Group and the prize draw will be re-drawn if necessary. Immediate family means your spouse, fiancé, fiancée, parent, stepparent, sibling, child, stepchild, parent-in-law, brother and sister-in-law, son and daughter-in-law.
- To enter the Promotion, individuals must purchase a TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policy from SCTI (in Australia) during the Promotional Period. Only fully paid policies will automatically go in the prize draw and there is only one entry per new policy purchased, regardless of the number of people on the policy.
- You will only be eligible for the weekly prize for the draw period in which you purchase a TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policy from SCTI (in Australia). For example, if you purchase a policy on 1 August 2022, you will only be eligible for the prize draw on 8 August 2022, not the following three prize draws.
- Purchase of a TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policy during the Promotional Period is deemed acceptance of the Promotion terms and conditions.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that you are not eligible to receive a prize if you subsequently cancel your policy or it is voided by us.
- There will be four (4) prizes (“Prize”) of $4,000 to be won. The total Prize pool value is $16,000.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted weekly for entries received, for a total of four weekly draws.
- Each Prize draw will be held at the offices of TurksLegal Level 44, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 and will take place on the next day after entries close for that draw at 11:00AEST on the applicable draw day.
- The first draw takes place on Monday, 8 August 2022 (for entries into the draw between Monday, 1 August 2022 and Sunday, 7 August 2022)
- The second draw takes place on Monday, 15 August 2022 (for entries into the draw between Monday, 8 August 2022 and Sunday, 14 August 2022)
- The third draw takes place on Monday, 22 August 2022 (for entries into the draw between Monday, 15 August 2022 and Sunday, 21 August 2022)
- The fourth draw takes place on Monday, 29 August 2022 (for entries into the draw between Monday, 22 August 2022 and Sunday, 28 August 2022)
- Subject to establishing contact with the winner, the winner of each weekly Prize will be published on the website and on the SCTI Australia Facebook page the business day following the applicable draw.
- The Prize winner will initially be notified by email within seven (7) days and by telephone using the details provided to SCTI when the policy was purchased. If contact cannot be made in the initial attempt, up to seven further attempts to notify will be made by telephone over a period of no more than three weeks.
- If contact cannot be established with Prize winners by telephone, SCTI will attempt to contact the winner by email. If contact cannot be established with the winner by email within three months of the relevant draw, the Prize will be re-drawn at the offices of TurksLegal Level 44, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 at 11:00AEST three (3) months from the applicable draw date.
- The Prize will be paid by direct credit to the bank account of the relevant winning TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policyholder. The winning policyholder will be solely responsible for payment of any applicable taxes on the prize.
- The Prize is non-transferable.
- Nothing in these conditions, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, SCTI (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, the winner agrees that SCTI may request a photo and/or quote from the winner and use their photo and/or quote and name for promotional and marketing purposes.
- SCTI’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Facebook and Instagram may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram; and to release Facebook or Instagram from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook or Instagram.
- In entering the Promotion, participants warrant to Southern Cross Travel Insurance that:
a) they have the rights to the content of their Entry and that it does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal, confidentiality or proprietary rights;
b) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- The governing law of the promotion is the law of New South Wales, Australia
- For further information on the TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policy or the Promotion visit our website www.scti.com.au or call us direct on 1800 196 484.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and any other reference to this Promotion, these Terms & Conditions prevail.
NSW Permit No: 02023
ACT Permit No: 22/01377
SA Permit No: T22/1090