The wait is finally over! It's time to get back to adventure.
Like many of you, we've been patiently waiting for the first travel bubble to open and we're beyond excited with the latest announcement that Aussies can now enjoy quarantine-free travel to New Zealand.
This is an important step for the tourism industry and local economy so, to celebrate, we're giving you the chance to win $1,000 to spend however you want.*
To enter, all you have to do is buy a TravelCare or Domestic travel insurance policy between Thursday 8 April and Friday 30 April 2021 and you'll automatically go in the draw.
For further information and guidance about quarantine-free travel, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Get Back To Adventure promotion terms and conditions
1. The Get Back To Adventure promotion (“Promotion”) is promoted by Southern Cross Benefits Limited, trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance (“SCTI”). ABN 99 133 401 939 AFS Licence 331058. GPO Box 3973, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia.
2. The Promotion commences at 00:01 AEST on Thursday, 8 April 2021 and concludes at 23:59 AEST on Friday, 30 April 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
3. The Promotion is open to any person who is a resident in Australia aged 18 years or over at any time during the Promotional Period. The entrant will be deemed to be the named Policy Holder. In the event that the Policy Holder is under 18 years old, the entrant will be deemed to be named parent or guardian.
4. The Promotion is not open to any staff (and their immediate family), contractors or agents of any of the businesses in the Southern Cross Healthcare Group and the prize draw will be re-drawn if necessary. Immediate family means your spouse, fiancé, fiancée, parent, stepparent, sibling, child, stepchild, parent-in-law, brother and sister-in-law, son and daughter-in-law.
5. To enter the Promotion, individuals must purchase a Domestic travel insurance policy or TravelCare travel insurance policy from SCTI (in Australia) during the Promotional Period. Only fully paid policiesThurs will automatically go in the prize draw and there is only one entry per new policy purchased, regardless of the number of people on the policy.
6. Purchase of a Domestic travel insurance policy or TravelCare travel insurance policy during the Promotional Period is deemed acceptance of the Promotion terms and conditions.
7. By entering the Promotion, you agree that you are not eligible to receive a prize if you subsequently cancel your policy or it is voided by us. This condition does not apply if you cancel the policy as a result of government restrictions making it impossible for you to travel.
8. There is 1 single prize (“Prize”) of AUD$1,000 to be won.
9. The Prize draw will be held on Tuesday, 4 May 2021 at 11am AEST at the offices of TurksLegal Level 44, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
10. Subject to establishing contact with the winner, the Prize winner will be published on the website www.scti.com.au.
11. The Prize winner will initially be notified by telephone using the details provided to SCTI when the policy was purchased. If contact cannot be made in the initial attempt, up to seven further attempts to notify will be made by telephone over a period of no more than three weeks.
12. If contact cannot be established with the winner by telephone, SCTI will attempt to contact the winner by email. If contact cannot be established with the winner by email within 3 months of the relevant draw, the Prize will be re-drawn at 11am AEST on Tuesday, 3 August 2021 at the offices of TurksLegal Level 44, 2 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
13. The Prize will be paid by direct credit to the bank account of the relevant winning Domestic travel insurance or TravelCare travel insurance policyholder. The winning policyholder will be solely responsible for payment of any applicable taxes on the prize.
14. The Prize is non-transferable.
15. Nothing in these conditions, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, SCTI (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
16. By entering the Promotion, the winner agrees that SCTI may request a photo and/or quote from the winner and use their photo and/or quote and name for promotional and marketing purposes.
17. SCTI’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
18. Facebook and Instagram may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram; and to release Facebook or Instagram from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook or Instagram.
19. In entering the promotion, participants warrant to Southern Cross Travel Insurance that:
a) they have the rights to the content of their Entry and that it does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal, confidentiality or proprietary rights;
b) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
20. The governing law of the promotion is the law of New South Wales, Australia
21. For further information on the Domestic travel insurance policy, TravelCare travel insurance policy or the Promotion visit our website www.scti.com.au or call us direct on 1800 196 484.