Whether you’re visiting family, venturing out on a hike or taking the kids on a break during the school holidays, it’s important to understand whether you qualify for our domestic travel insurance policy before you buy.
- You live in Australia permanently
- You are buying this policy as a consumer, not a GST registered entity
- You’re eligible for a Medicare card
- You haven’t already started your journey when you buy this policy
- Your journey will take you more than 100 kilometres from your home
- You haven’t been refused cover, had an insurance claim declined, or had an insurance policy cancelled or voided, because of fraud
- You have an Australian bank account
- You have access to an email address so we can contact you about your policy.
When you buy this policy, you confirm that you meet these criteria at the date your insurance starts, and will keep meeting the criteria until the date your insurance ends.
If you don’t meet all these criteria at the date your insurance starts or at any time after the date your insurance starts, we may reduce or refuse to pay a claim or may cancel the policy, or treat the policy as if it had never existed.
If you no longer meet any of these criteria at any time after the date your insurance starts, your policy will end from the date you no longer meet the criteria. From that date, we’ll have no liability for any further claims, costs, or losses.
You must return home at the end of your trip
You don’t need to have sorted your transport home before the date your journey starts, but you must return home at the end of your trip.
What you need to know
This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the travel insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide.