Southern Cross Travel Insurance (SCTI) is an APRA and ASIC regulated general insurer. We are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Australia, the Insurance Council of Australia and a signatory to the Australian General Insurance Code of Practice.
SCTI began operations in New Zealand in 1982, and is a travel insurance specialist. In both New Zealand and Australia, SCTI insures hundreds of thousands of travellers and offers customers a wealth of experience and expertise.
Those who travel with SCTI know they can trust us to look after them if the unexpected happens. Dealing directly online with our customers helps us keep our overheads down and therefore pass on savings to our customers through cheaper premiums.
As an Australian financial services licensee (AFSL), SCTI is authorised to deal in, and provide, general advice on travel insurance products. Because we don't know your objectives, financial situation and needs, we can only provide general advice. You should consider your objectives, financial situation and needs, and read the Combined Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including Policy Wording before buying this product, to ensure this TravelCare travel insurance product is right for you.
Southern Cross Benefits Ltd trades as Southern Cross Travel Insurance (SCTI) who is the underwriter and distributor of the TravelCare policy.
ABN 99 133 401 939 AFS Licence No 331058.
Direct and online
Southern Cross Travel Insurance is a web based company. All communication with us is generally via email or online, however if you require further assistance you can phone our Contact Centre, click here to view our contact details. Being an online only organisation means we are better able to offer competitive premiums as our overheads are lower.
Latest press coverage
- Advice for Aussies in Bali following the eruption of Mount Agung – eGlobal Travel Media
- Southern Cross Travel Insurance takes top spot in 2017 ProductReview Awards – eGlobal Travel Media
- Research reveals Aussies love of #foodporn costing travellers up to $200K – eGlobal Travel Media
- Most Australian travellers are hospitalised or die in Thailand – News.com.au
- Why you need travel insurance – Canstar
- Bad food experiences costing Aussie travellers up to $200k – Open House
- The real cost of holiday bellyaches – Traveltalk
- Sydney woman’s hellish trip to Machu Picchu – News.com.au
- Getting sick overseas – Escape
- 17% of Aussies have been busted taking 'inappropriate' selfies – Travel Weekly
Customer reviews and awards
Read some of our customer reviews on Product Review, an independent review site.
It's exciting to know that we're appreciated for our great value travel insurance. You never know how good your cover is until you need it, which is why we work hard to offer you the very best service we can. Find out more about our award winning travel insurance product.