Skiing and snowboarding cover
Some of the best holidays include some mountain air, deep powder and amazing scenery. Alpine adventures can be a costly past time with all the equipment, travel and accommodation, but if something should go wrong whilst you’re at the top of a mountain, the cost of travel insurance will seem insignificant.
Our travel insurance can cover your medical evacuation, hospital and doctors’ fees, and changes to your flights if needed.
Our TravelCare policy includes the option to increase your travel insurance benefits by adding our skiing and snowboarding cover during the application process, and paying the extra premium.
Our comprehensive TravelCare insurance offers cover for:
- Unlimited medical and evacuation expenses that arise due to unexpected events while on your journey
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits – increase your cover depending on the cost of your journey
- Damaged or lost baggage
- Personal items if they are stolen or damaged
- Rental car excess should you have an accident
- Emergency dental treatment
- Funeral costs
Even if skiing and snowboarding has been confirmed on your certificate of insurance, it's important to know that we can’t cover you if you're skiing or snowboarding:
- off-piste, outside a designated commercial ski area that is open for use;
- in any way that is not in accordance with any notices or regulations the commercial ski area publishes;
- where you are not wearing a helmet on your head;
- in a professional capacity;
- where you are racing, including against time and/or in timed events, of any sort; or
- where you are participating in a competition which involves monetary prizes.
You should also be aware that sporting equipment (skis or snowboards) will not be covered for damage whilst in use. For example, if you were skiing, had a tumble and broke your leg and your skis, you would be covered for your broken leg, but not for your damaged skis. But if your skis were broken while they were in checked luggage (and your airline refused to compensate you for the damage) you would be covered.
Need some help?
If you would like to get in touch, we’re here to help. Please feel free to email us at any time, or speak to one of our friendly insurance experts on 1800 196 484, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm AEST/AEDT.
When calling from overseas, our worldwide emergency assistance team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on +61 2 9191 1180.
What you need to know
This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the Combined FSG and PDS.