Cover for cruise holidays
Whether you’re looking for an island getaway or an Arctic adventure, there’s nothing better than exploring exciting destinations whilst aboard the comfort and luxury of a cruise ship.
But like any type of travel, it may not always be smooth sailing. From sea sickness to missed departures, cruise holidays can come with their own unique risks. Our award winning travel insurance allows you to embark on your adventure with peace of mind, knowing we’ll be here to help if the unexpected happens.
Our TravelCare policy includes cover for cruises overseas for no additional cost, leaving you free to sit back, relax and enjoy the view. From changes to tours and lost bags, to health emergencies and cancellations, our travel insurance ensures you and your family will feel secure in the knowledge that you will be looked after by our experts with the comprehensive cover offered under our TravelCare policy, should something go wrong.
Our comprehensive TravelCare insurance includes cover for:
- Unlimited medical and evacuation expenses that arise due to unexpected events while on your journey
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits – increase your cover depending on the cost of your journey
- Damaged or lost baggage
- Personal items if they are stolen or damaged
- Rental car excess should you have an accident
- Emergency dental treatment
- Funeral costs
Included in your policy, you’ll get access to our worldwide emergency assistance team who are just a phone call away, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more details, including the terms and conditions, please read our Combined FSG and PDS to decide if TravelCare is right for you and your overseas cruise trip.
Top tips for cruise insurance
- Make sure you select cover for all of the destinations you will be travelling to on your cruise. Be sure to include any other countries that you have stopovers or travel to before and after your cruise too!
- If you are planning on participating in any water sport activities during your trip, such as diving or kayaking, please check the policy conditions to ensure you’re covered for these.
- Don’t leave your travel insurance to the last minute. Buy your policy as soon as you’ve booked your cruise to ensure you are covered for any cancellations or unexpected illness before you travel.
Need some help?
If you would like to get in touch, we’re here to help. Please feel free to email us at any time, or speak to one of our friendly insurance experts on 1800 196 484, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm AEST/AEDT.
When calling from overseas, our worldwide emergency assistance team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on +61 2 9191 1180.
What you need to know
This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the Combined FSG and PDS.