(as at 16 April 2010)
- Welcome to the Southern Cross Travel Insurance website (“Website”). This Website is provided by Southern Cross Benefits Limited trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance ("SCTI" or "we").
- The policy wording for each Policy applies and it is your responsibility to read and to be familiar with the policy wording. The policy wording can be found on this Website under "Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement including Policy Wording" and/or is available from SCTI.
- The information contained on this Website is provided for general information only and is for the purpose of informing you about SCTI and the products and services we offer, enabling customers to undertake certain activities on-line and enabling the purchase of selected products on-line. Nothing on the Website is or shall be deemed to constitute advice or any form of recommendation and you must not rely on any statement without taking specialist advice.
- You understand that the information that SCTI collects or holds about you and the other persons covered under the Policy ("other insured persons") will be used to contact you from time to time with information about products and services that SCTI reasonably believes may be of interest to you.
- SCTI will provide the Website and any Website Services that you request with reasonable care and skill, however we do not represent or warrant that the Website or any Website Services will:
(a) operate on a continuous or fault-free basis, at any particular time or location or that defects will be corrected; (b) be secure or private; or (c) be free of viruses or other harmful features (including any files displayed or obtained from or through the Website or the Website Services or any website linked to it) and it is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Website or any of its contents. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of our customers from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any reasons beyond our control and in such an event we will endeavour to have functionality to the Website and any Website Service restored as soon as reasonably possible.
- SCTI, its licensors or its suppliers own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the information contained in this Website or otherwise connected with this Website or the Website Services. No part of this Website or the Website Services may be modified, reproduced, transmitted, stored or otherwise dealt with (including in any other website or other electronic form) except as expressly provided for on the Website or with the prior written consent of SCTI, except that you may print, or download to your hard drive extracts from the Website for your own personal use and must not use it in a commercial way. All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
- While using the Website or any Website Services you must ensure that: a. all information which you supply to SCTI is current, complete and accurate; and b. you comply with all applicable laws, regulations standards and codes of conduct.
- You may not:
(a) use the Website in any manner which could damage, disable, or impair it or interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of the Website;
(b) use the Website to defame, abuse or harass others;
(c) through the Website distribute any material which is unlawful, obscene or defamatory; or
(d) obtain access or attempt to obtain access to any content on the Website through any means not made available to you, for example reverse engineering, or deliberately and/or maliciously vandalising the Website
- The contents of this Website may contain links to other third party sites. These sites are not under the control of SCTI, and SCTI is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by you or any other person from accessing, using or relying on any linked site or trading with third parties. The inclusion of any link in this Website is provided as a convenience only and does not imply endorsement, recommendation or warranty by SCTI of the linked site or the products and services provided there or any association with its operators. Use of or reliance on the contents of these websites is at your own risk.
- SCTI may prohibit links to this Website and you agree to remove or cease any link on our request. You may not frame any part of the Website material.
- Any transaction you enter into with any advertiser or other third party appearing on this Website is solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. SCTI is not responsible or liable for any part of any such transaction.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of any conflict between the content on this Website and the terms and conditions of our Policies, the terms and conditions of our Policies take precedence.
- The contents of this Website have been prepared in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. The contents of this Website and any contracts formed with SCTI arising out of this Website or the Website Services are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. The courts of New South Wales, Australia, have exclusive jurisdiction.
- All dollar figures stated in this Website (including, but not limited to, premiums and benefit limits) are in Australian dollars.
- You can find our privacy statement here.