We’ve seen all the circumstances that could go wrong on your trip, from lost luggage to medical emergencies. We don’t want to scare you off from exploring the world, we just want you to return home safely with all your stuff.
That’s why our comprehensive TravelCare policy provides cover for those pesky unexpected events at an affordable price. Here’s a guide to some of the cover benefits we offer. Remember that for full details, such as terms and conditions, excesses, sub-limits and exclusions, you should read the Product Disclosure Statement.
If this happens… we cover you for up to…
You require medical assistance for an unexpected illness – UNLIMITED*
Because when it comes to you, we want to ensure you get the help and care you need, to be able to return home.
You’re seriously injured in an accident and have to pay hospital bills – UNLIMITED*
You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury or illness – UNLIMITED*
You require emergency dental treatment for relief from sudden and acute pain or tooth injury that causes acute pain - $750 per person, per journey
You’re hospitalised and required to stay for over 72 hours - $100 per 24-hour period, up to a maximum of $3,000, per person, per journey
Due to an accidental injury on your trip, you suffer from loss of income – up to $500 per week per person, to a maximum of $6,500, or $13,000 per journey
You need to alter or cancel your journey due to an unexpected event - $50,000 (individual policy), or up to $100,000 (family policy)
Your travel plans are interrupted and you’re stranded overseas due to an unexpected event - $30,000 or 30 days, (whichever is lower)
Your luggage or personal items are accidentally lost or stolen - $25,000 (individual policy), $50,000 (family policy)
Your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours - $1,000 per person, to a maximum of $5,000 per journey
Your passport or travel documents are lost or stolen - $1,000 (individual policy), or $2,000 (family policy)
You have an accident that causes damage to property or injury to another person, and you’re legally liable - $1,000,000
You have to pay the excess on your rental car, if your rental car is damaged, stolen, or you have an accident - $5,000
What you need to know
*As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions, excess and sub-limits, please refer to the Combined Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including Policy Wording.
Why choose us?
- You can buy travel insurance and submit a claim online - because we like to make things easier for you.
- You can get better value for less, because you don’t have to pay commission to a travel agent or insurance broker.
- You deal with us directly, even at claim time because we underwrite our own policies. So you’ll never have to chase a company you don’t know and have never dealt with before, to follow up on your claims.
- You get access to our emergency assistance team, ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no matter where you are in the world.
- You get peace of mind with our comprehensive cover, so can relax knowing you and your family are covered for the unexpected.
Still not convinced? Read honest, unedited reviews from our customers at Product Review, an independent review site for Australian consumers.